Sunday, January 1, 2012

Looking Back

My resolution in 2011 was to visit one new place each week. I actually did okay for awhile, but then I stopped keeping track and pushing myself to keep it up. There were a couple places I planned a dozen times to visit, but never did (notably the State Capitol)

Some things I did accomplish:
Went to the Super Bowl with my mom in February.
Met some Wild players and got a bunch of autographs.
Traveled to Vancouver.
Visited three new NHL rinks (Vancouver, Chicago, and Pittsburgh).
Started playing goalie.
Survived a summer at home with my parents, but barely.
Got a long-term'ish job in Minnesota. Long term as in, it's the first job I've had without a specific end date, though it's not really a "real" job.
Adopted my cat.
Went to a one-day conference on my favorite topic of all time.
Kept up with this blog fairly well!


In terms of who I am and figuring out what I want in life, it was kind of a stagnant year. I was happy for most of it, though, content with day to day life. I think some of the biggest things for me were this fall, when I returned to Minnesota and adopted Puck, got my Minnesota license and registered my car here. I made a declaration that I was gonna stay here for awhile. Who knows if that'll pan out or not...

1 comment:

PuzzlB said...

"But barely" ??? hmmph! :-)