Saturday, December 24, 2011

Little Town in Bethlehem

I'm not entirely sure how the tradition started.


My mom had a couple Nativities while I was growing up, notably these first three.

(this one's a puzzle)


(this one always seemed super breakable)



And I think this was the first one I bought her, when I went to Costa Rica in seventh grade.


And several she's added on her own.

(we've had this one a long time, too)











And one I made.


And one I printed out.


And two I got in Spain.





And one my sister in law's mom sent all the way from Kyrgyzstan--not even knowing about the collection.


The others are from Ten Thousand Villages, originally from all over the world.






I've given my mom at least one Nativity for maybe the past 6-7 Christmases?









(something happened to poor Joseph)

Somehow she's gotten to 25.


Will there be another one under the tree tomorrow?

2 comments:

PuzzlB said...

Ah, there were at least 3 more on Christmas morning. Have to update the photos. Why do I love them so? Partly now because of your sweet giftings.

PuzzlB said...

Nice photo-documentation!