Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Ten Best Things about the Post-College Life

As promised, ten things I enjoy about not being a college kid anymore.

10. Having cable and Center Ice. Of course, the novelty has worn off a bit. And if I were still in college, I wouldn't want those things because of the distraction. But still.
9. Living in the Cities: having more choices for food, and being closer to stuff (like the X for hockey games), and knowing my way around (like whoa).
8. Being a lot closer to hockey rinks. Can't believe I used to drive a half hour just for some ice time. (own number because it's key!)
7. I have to say, I don't miss living with my friends. I didn't like having people around all the time, so it's kinda nice now--when someone wants to do something, I'm always up for it. In college I used to say no a lot because I was burned out on socializing.
6. Along with that: having my own space (and I LOVE my apartment) and not having loud neighbors.
5. That I don't have to pack up and move/visit home all the time, though I did it this summer--but won't again for awhile. Not that I hate home, but I got really tired of having my life in two places.
4. Easy access to the local library and having time to read fiction and what I want to.
3. Being able to bike and walk places.
2. Rarely having to do things I don't really want to do.
1. Above all, my cat. She is the most fantastic thing ever.

This is actually a neat comparison. If you look over the two lists, what I like about life now is about my living situation more than what I'm doing with my life--ie, I love everything about my apartment, but not my job. The things I miss most about school are mostly intellectual rather than social/physical needs (other than walking around campus). I mean, I don't miss the dorms, I miss the classes.

So....grad school?

No comments: