Sunday, November 13, 2011

Amazing Shopping Trip Today (12/30)

My boss called me yesterday to tell me my pay check was in--nothing like your boss's number on caller ID to get the heart beating faster on a day off. I figured I'd go in today (another day off) and pick up my check and also pick up some gear. I played two games today--one goalie, one as a skater--so I got to try it all out right away.


about $260 worth of gear, that I got for about half that--AW YEAH employee discount plus trading stuff in!

Those are used goalie breezers up there. I only had one pair of breezers so I kept moving them between my bags and it was just not a good situation. Plus, player breezers aren't meant for tending goal (protection wise I was fine, comfort wise not so much--goalie breezers are shorter so they don't interfere with your leg pads. they are more protective, too, but for what I was doing in them, wasn't a big deal).

The new ones felt GREAT and I felt confident just pulling them on. We tied that game 3-3. I finally saw a little action after a couple slow games and started to get more comfortable--after giving up the third one, I really shut it down and I'm proud of a couple saves I made near the end of the game.

The other thing I needed was a decent stick. I've been using a cheap-o wood one--no clue how I've made it this long without an upgrade. The stick I picked up was originally almost a $200 stick (one notch below top of the line), it was turned in used, and I got it for about $60. The stick was AMAZING tonight at my player game, felt like the puck just found it. They say the stick is only as good as the person who wields it, but an upgrade from a twenty buck wood one to a $200 composite one DEFINITELY makes a difference.

We also tied that game, 0-0, but I felt great out there--a great shot, a great pass, some good D play, good work along the boards--so I wasn't too disappointed.

I wanted new elbow pads, but I'm kinda disappointed with the ones I picked up--didn't really like the old ones, but these aren't much better. :( Might just be one of those things. LOVE the shoulder pads though, they fit perfect. I wasn't even going to get those, but one of my coworkers was joking around like "what else do you need?" so I tried those on and absolutely loved them. It's tough to find shoulder pads that fit over a woman's upper body (and I've got a lot to fit over) but these just hugged me perfect. Very happy with them!

And the aftermath of two games in one day? Besides the two-hour nap I took in between?


I need a bigger apartment.

1 comment:

PuzzlB said...

It's like Where's Waldo--can you spot the Puck in the picture?