Thursday, November 3, 2011

My food blogging needs work BUT (3/30)

I've been lazy with cooking basically since I got back this fall. Last year, I made dinner most days and I almost always packed my lunch. This year...not so much. After being back with my mom's cooking all summer, it's been really tough to make myself do it! Plus, my schedule isn't consistent so I don't have a good rhythm for meals and don't do enough planning ahead.

Part of my problem is the distinct lack of space in my kitchen. Example:

Just not very inspiring. Plus it always takes like ten minutes to clear off the counter enough to make anything.

I have had a little more success with baking than cooking. I made pumpkin bread and pumpkin cookies, then my latest: pumpkin "cupcakes" but let's be honest, muffins.



With cream cheese icing:



Not a good picture but trust me when I say: delicious. I love muffins and I love pumpkin so this was a delicious marriage. First time I ever tried such ambitious icing too! It's a little sweeter than I would've liked.

So in terms of meals, I've been doing a lot of bagels and eggs and stuff that really takes no time at all. Here are two things I've done in the past week that took some energy.


I love making quesadillas and fajitas because I love eating them, but they sure so take a lot of cutting--and buying so many various ingredients. I do that often enough. Here was a twist--using nachos instead of a tortilla. YUMMY! Next time, I'll have to get some nacho cheese (like Campbell's cheese soup mebbe) to put on it, too.


Forgot to take a picture until I'd mostly eaten it. This is supposed to be scalloped potatoes and it needs some work, but it tastes yummy right now anyway. Got the idea to throw veggies in there from Burgh Baby at some point. Increases the delicious and nutritious!

Those are two of my favorite go-to meals when I feel like making them!

2 comments:

Burgh Baby said...

Pumpkin muffin recipe, please and thank you!

PuzzlB said...

Yum! Make me some scalloped stuff when you get home!